Monday, October 27, 2008

Bear Hug !

In the fading daylight , with the undying spark in her eyes, she looked at him . He did not seem to be thinking anything particular. She had always thought she could read others ! For once she thought it did not matter what he thought then.
She : So are you good at math and feelings ?
He : Yes, I would think so . Atleast math , I guess I am good !
She : Nice ! I have a question for you ..
He : A math question ?
She : Yes, if you want to see it that way .. Listen now ..
She : Suppose i have 2 feelings F1 and F2. And the strength of those feelings is S1 and S2 respectively. And the importance that i need to attach to them is I1 and I2 . And the practical viability of those feelings is P1 and P2..
He : Hmmm..
She : Now .. if S1 is greater than S2 and P1 is lesser than P2 and if i assign I1 to be lesser than I2, then am I being dishonest to myself ?
He : Is this a math question !!
She : Also do you think S1 and S2 have some kind of a dependancy on P1 and P2 ? Can you think of a function relating the two ?
He : You don't know what math is ! Do you ?
She : What makes you think it cannot be a math problem ?
He : You think feelings can be quantified and expressed as values ? !
She : That was what I was wondering .. Possibly ?
He : You know, you are so cute .


14 comments:

anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loop said...

@ Vishu
The 'he' in the post also was wondering about the 'she' as to how she could think that way ;)
And ending .. i don't know if their conversation ended :)

anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
loop said...

@ Vishu ..

Point taken :P
Just thought it wud be better if you knew that the conversation probably did not end afterall .. hehe!

anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
anon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Loong said...

I think 'she' doesn't know why she asked questions like that. But deep inside herself, she is trying to test what 'he' thought of feeling.
Meanwhile, 'she' knows 'he' is smarter than 'she' is, so 'she' is hoping to get a better explaination about feeling.
Anyway, good work.

loop said...

@loong :)
I agree that probably she was trying to understand what he thought about feelings.
Not sure if he was smarter than she was :)

btw, how did u get to my blog !
thanks for the comments..

Loong said...

I think we have the same interest on music. We both love songs by Dadawa. That's how I get here.
If you do not want others to read your blog, you can block them at the "premission" category under setting link at dashboard.

loop said...

@loong
I don't have a problem others reading my blog :)
And i didn't know abut Dadawa at all !

Anonymous said...

She really does not know maths.

F1 F2
S1 S2
I1 I2
P1 P2

All these seem to be constant values so a relationship cannot be truly defined, unless you can work up a relationship of F(n) = f(Sn, In, Pn), which is true for all values of n. This is possible if there is a defined proportionality among all the variables of the equation. Hence for a predictive solution, if you do fix the values of any 3 variables of the 4, the last one is beyond your control. So you cannot really 'assign' I1 and I2, if you have already decided on F, P and S.


Just a passing thought!!

Anonymous said...

Well written... problem can be solved i think..
i don't want to comment about the comments..

Manjunatha Kollegala said...

I liked the ending... crisp, summarizing and lovely :)

Anonymous said...

@Manju !
Your comments always put a big smile on my face :)
Thanks so much..
I hope I write better stuff!