Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Shades

Okay... So, one large wide road... A windy day.... Lots of vehicles plying on the road.... But very few people on the pavements.... Two people- a girl and a guy - walking not very quickly, not very slowly either.. After a while, something unwarranted happens. Both of them will live to regret it ...

----

Years back I had a sort of existential depression. A gnawing question as to , why live ? That was when I was in high school.. I used to get super marks, read up books way before they were taught in class, watch tv, play volleyball, act in dramas, write dramas and still be left with so much time to wonder about , why live ! And now, I dont do anything that interesting. But I hardly have time to even think, am i living !

----

World should have been black and white.. Good and Bad...Pretty and Ugly....There should have been clear difference between "bad" and "good"... Then life would have been much much more simpler. Now there are just shades...One color fades to other color to another color... There is neither an end nor a beginning... Nothing is good or bad, black or white....Everything gray... And confusing, misleading and sometimes depressing ..

I am damn sleepy

6 comments:

Piyush Sethia said...

Great post... and yes, these days, we do much less interesting things, and still manage to live on..

Sad :( But then, I really do not want to see a black and white world.. Much prefer the gray that we have, this is all the fun.. we have to figure out, and understand people.. in a black and white world, that would not happen!!!

loop said...

Hey Piyush!
Thanks..
Yeah, this gray world is fun in the sense that we are always kept guessing. But sometimes the way we are misled makes me all cribby :) {dont know if thats a word!}

rakesh said...

its black and white man!
only ppl make it grey(gray) so that they can feel comfy ;)

Anonymous said...

Haha well said Rakesh :)
I am so tempted to think like the way you said! It would be fun to start analysing people that way...
That they are trying to put on the "gray"ness to feel comfy..Cool !!

Lakshmi said...

Indira,

This is a superb post.

Well! You have questions and you have their answers too, read your post and your comments then you will realise my statement.

Many times I used to have similar questions but it is very difficult to answer or get answers at that point but one would realize the answers from their experience.

As commented by you “this gray world is fun in the sense that we are always kept guessing.”, yes that is what keeps us going ahead in life experiencing the surprises and mystery that life takes us through and one would enjoy the way I am enjoying the shades as they come.

Anonymous said...

Krishna,
Thanks :)
Well, yes.. The mysteries of life can be inspiring as well as annoying and probably its best for us to enjoy it since it makes us feel better !
But this is an after thought I guess. When I wrote it, I probably wasn't thinking this way !