Thursday, March 27, 2008

Of the loose ends, blog histories and the break !

Well, I have had a lot of blogs which I abandoned for some reasons. My first blog was started sometime when I was in 3rd or 4th semester, I guess in 2005. One of my friends just mentioned to me that we can write blogs for free on rediff and bang, I immediately created one for myself!
I dont remember the URL now! But the blog was titled Reflections...I remember that very clearly for some reason (which I won't disclose anyway) ... I think I wrote 3 posts in that blog...
And stopped since I moved to indiatimes blogs! Because indiatimes had colorful templates and lot of people would read it.. That blog was called "Thoughts..More thoughts..." . That blog still exists! I saw it today after about 2 years! I felt surprised at the way I used to write a lot of personal stuff and also opinions very openly... A very teenager-ish blog that was {not that I claim the current one is very adult-ish...still..}
Again, I left that blog because I felt that it was not the kind of thing that I wanted to write!
I started another blog called "glorytoprogress" again on indiatimes. I was anonymous {wrote with the name "whyname"} and most people thought I was a guy :) I remember very well the topics that I wrote posts on... And all posts were heavy and I personally liked all of them very much. Those posts were like a collection of all my thoughts on various issues in an organised way.. But one day I got mad at one of my friends and I just deleted all the posts there! { there was some relation to the blog and the fight}
So after that for sometime I did not have a blog.. Then, I started one on blogspot...thequintessence.. I moved to the inthing since I liked this name very much !
I actually have posted a few posts from that blog on this.... So, from then on {I guess from an year or so} I have stuck to this blog !

While the above was an account of the official blogs , I have lost count of the secret blogs that I have started and left.. I did not have the perseverence to maintain so many of them ..And most of them were started impulsively to vent out some temporary thoughts/ frustrations/anxieties..

So if I look back, there are a lot of loose ends to those blogs and my thoughts associated with them.. The ends which I did not want to tie up .. Maybe because of my immaturity, impatience or perhaps laziness..

Now the reason why I am recounting those experiences is because a similar {if not same} situation has come up now ! Am planning to take a break from blogging, for a while ..
Again I have started feeling that this is probably not the kind of blog that I intended to write . As I had written in one of my earlier posts, why should I continue to write as a ritual ? If I cannot write like how I want to write, I better stop ..
I will take a break {hopefully small one}.. I will observe silence for a while, read a few books, play a few online games, listen to a lot of music, watch a lot of movies and serials and then probably will be back !
Maybe here.....maybe elsewhere ....
If this also seemed like a loose end, I would be happy ... I have always thought that, there should be loose ends..So that someday...someday you will go back and tie them up ! Even if its wishful thinking !

See ya :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... you have been blogging pretty consistently.... not that it makes a lot of sense.... but still ;)

Unknown said...

Juz out of curiosity i wud like to know y u blog. Cause, i had had the feelin of blogging too. U know y cause there were times when i never got someone to hear me out. It's not tht i don't have gr8 frnds, i got the best of friends but there are times they r busy and u don't wanna disturb them. And i never knew on where to start and how to blog - writer's block (kidding).

Anyhow i'ven't read your blogs. Would be doing tht.

Happy vacationing from blogging.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vipin,
Yes, I know it doesn't make a lot of sense and thus I am taking a break :)

Hey toon,
Yes, that is somewhat the reason for blogging. To feel heard ! It was just a vicarious way to expressing myself, not completely though.
And I did have childish dreams of becoming a writer and again vicariously fulfilling that !!
Start writing and the canvas will never get over ! :)

Anonymous said...

Good post.